Riders can enter the Katberg Quest in a team of two riders or solo
- 2 Person Team – Riders must stay together for the entire race
- Solo – Riders race alone
- Team riders with a gap of more than 2 minutes will receive a time penalty.
Racing categories which qualify for prizes:
Rules applicable to the Full distance
- Riders must be 15 years or older as of 31 December of the current year
- Riders must have a valid CSA licence, OR purchase a day licence for each day of the event.
Rules applicable to the Lite distance
- Riders must be 12 years or older as of 31 December of the current year
- Riders do not require a CSA license
- Race number boards must be fixed on bikes at all times when on the course.
- Riders must wear helmets at all times when riding on the course and helmet straps must remain clipped.
- Riders must start & finish each day on the same bicycle.
- Although hydration and nutrition are supplied at waterpoints, it is the riders responsibility to ensure they have enough hydration and nutrition for the race.
- Riders must complete both days (within the advertised cut-off times) to receive a finishers medal and appear on the official results.
- Riders are to inform the organisers should they not be able to complete a stage, or should they not be starting the next stage.
- All protests must be handed in within 15 minutes of the riders finish time, to the Chief Commissaire.
- The Chief Commissaires decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All CSA-MTB and UCI rules as published on the CSA website will be adhered to
I agree that I shall have no claim whatsoever against Mountain Events, the organisers, officials, marshalls, helpers, sponsors, any local authority or any landowners or the employees or helpers of any of the above-mentioned for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever which I may suffer as a result of my participation in this event including my arrival there at and my departure there from and any ceremonies or functions thereof. In the event of my signing this imdemnity as the guardian of a minor, I hereby consent to such minor being bound by the above waiver including to the extent to which he or she is not capable of waiving his or her rights as stipulated above. I agree to participate subject to CSA-MTB and UCI rules which can be viewed on the CSA website, including any drug tests and penalties provided for therein and the entry rules listed above.